Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey, turkey, turkey

Ahhhhh...Thanksgiving. My favorite holiday of the year. Its a holiday that is not focused on buying something for someone, its all about good food, great family and friends and relaxing. We had one of the BEST Thanksgivings yesterday. My brother was able to join us. He is doing SOOO well, it really took me off guard. I have always been the pessimist when it comes to Jared, but I am really hopeful that this is the time! He had a great time meeting his niece and nephew and helping decorate the Christmas tree. I think that's the first time in seven years that all three of us kids were able to get together for the Thanksgiving holiday, which I was extremely grateful for.

We had a really traditional meal and I can safely say that I have aced my stuffing recipe! The downer? I'm the only one in the family that likes stuffing. Oh well, more for me. The kids had a great time and got a kick out of the new and improved kid friendly tree. Costco is a great thing. We completely made over our tree for about $45! And they cant get hurt my glass ornaments! Its great! Another wonderful holiday down, now I can sit back and relax the next three and a half weeks until Christmas and Duncan's birthday.

2 comments:

Kody and Kurliston said...

I'm so glad that you all were able to spend time together. That is good to hear about Jared. I hope that is works out well too. Hope you have a wonderful day! I sure love you!

Proctor's said...

Kristen,
How adorable! it was sooo great to see you and your cute kids! I am so impressed with what you have done for Katy and you guys look great! Ok, look at my blog! Love you!
Kerianda