Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Coming or Going?!

So I thought that once the holidays were over, I would have an immense amount of time on my hands to do all of the things that I put off in November, December. WRONG! I swear, I cant tell if I am coming or going lately. Between daycare, housekeeping (I use that term very loosely). running errands, paying bills, trying to squeeze some family time in, exercise, church obligations, phew! I'm spinning! I know that its the blessing and curse of mother hood and as I sit here typing trying to gather my thoughts, I'm looking around asking myself, when the last time I dusted was. Hopeless!

On the upswing, Josh and I have found some great small moments with the kids lately. We took the kids to McDonald's and let them play at the play land. I don't think that I could ever get sick of watching the happy looks on their faces. I also did two miles in a record time for me!! I was thrilled! I am so happy that we got the treadmill. It was the best thing that we did for our health. I only have to do four miles on Saturday.....I'm honestly not so confident but I think that I can do it!?

I just am pondering how our mothers balanced it all? I never looked at my mother and said, wow- you are completely overwhelmed and incapable. I just have no idea how my mom did it all. But she did. I hope that my kids aren't thinking that I'm a freak because I cant handle it all. I'm sure they are though. Ah, and the scarring begins.

2 comments:

Proctor's said...

kristen,
ha ha i love you!!! I think i am scarring my kids too, but it's the best i can do, and great idea on the fast! love you!

Kody and Kurliston said...

You are so amazing! I sure love you!