Monday, February 6, 2012

OK, I lied

OK, so my last post was all about setting goals and keeping on task on my blog- then the sun rose the next day. I just wanted to share a dumb little thing that I tried and LOVED!  OK, so I bake.  I enjoy baking for the most part but there are parts that make me bonkers.  Like when a cake sticks to the pan- so you line it with parchment to keep it from sticking...but then you have to bust out the scissors and cut a circle out...and that's time consuming and for some reason- I SUCK at cutting something perfectly.  SO- I was baking a 8'' coffee cake for my sweetheart and I vaguely remember someone saying that they ran out of parchment so they used coffee filters instead.  Well- I flattened one out and low and behold- it fit perfectly for an 8'' round pan!  No cutting!  Not to mention my lovely coffee cake turned out like heaven!  So do yourself a favor and pick up a pack of plain coffee filters to make your baking life easier :)  xoxo- Kristen