Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week two!

So here is a little shorter check in on operation- make body better.  I know not really what to call it so it continues to change.  If you have any suggestions- let me know!  Anyway- week two has come to a close.  How are things now??  Better than ever!  I feel A-MA-ZING.  Seriously.  I feel so good!  I have ENERGY!  I'm not exhausted and tired all the time.  I'm not having that 3 PM slump.  I don't know what else to say- I feel terrific!

Eating this week was kind of fun.  I tried some vegan recipes and REALLY liked it.  It was beans, green beans, peppers, onion in a really light vinaigrette  just to add a BIT of flavor.  YUM..  I also ate vegetarian chili and honestly- I didn't miss the meat AT ALL.  I also feel like I am tasting better.  Maybe its just psycho somatic.  I feel like I can taste the flavors of the veggies and fruits SO much better.  We have been LOVING smoothies at our house.  I have been playing around with different fruits and veggies with the kids and its motivating them to be more adventurous.  Uh, what else?  Soup, lots of hearty veggie soup.  Oh!  And I just pan seared some brussel sprouts and carrots and that was HEAVEN.   

I have been working out 6 days a week and again- I wouldn't go as far as to say I love it but I will say I'm having fun with it.  The kids and I have been playing Wii fit and that's been a blast.  We have just been trying to do more physical things.  We are putting on music and having dance parties too- and it helps chore time go faster and easier.

Over all- this is working AMAZING for me.  OH!  So, I tried a piece of fish this week.  I was shocked how different I felt afterward.  I could just tell that it was taking a while to work its way through.  I'm not turned off to fish- just think that its going to be a very sparing thing in my diet.  Honestly- it all comes down to listening to my body.  I know how hippie it sounds but if I feel good- I'm eating it.  If I don't- I don't   It makes it much easier in not feeling deprived.  I remember how many meals I used to eat and just be SICK afterward. And then I would have it again and feel SICK.  And again, and again.  Why????  Its so dumb.

I am about to get on my soapbox for a second- so bare with me or quit reading if you don't want to hear it.  This may sound totally granola for me to say- but I feel like I have made the commitment to be kind to my body.  I love myself and my family- so I want to be healthy to be here.  Its not about losing weight.  Its not about being a size 4.  Its about feeling good and treating my very capable body well.  This body created three children.  I should probably thank it better than with a box of cheez its.  Anyway- I'm stepping down now.  Oh, and I did lose 4 lbs this week- in case you care.  Anyway- come play with me!  This is seriously fun.  Hope you are all healthy and happy!

No comments: