Monday, May 9, 2011

Pregnancy MUST HAVES

So, like Oprah, I have a list of my favorite things.  In fact, I believe I posted a list in jest a while back.  Now that I am pregnant again, and for the last time, I have found certain things that I cannot function without.  I thought that I would share them.  What are your cant live with-outs??

1- Fold Over Yoga Pants- Never before have I found such comfort in a pair of pants that wasn't necessarily maternity wear.  I love them because they stretch and move with you.  When you are pregnant, I just pull the fold over all the way up to conceal the babe and then after you have the baby, fold down for some extra lower pooch support.  Love, love, love them!  My personal favorite are Old Navy's version.  They are cheap, they wear well and I adore that they come in long length for us leggy gals too!

2- CamelBak Better Bottle- I discovered these wonderful water bottles after my gastric bypass surgery a couple of years ago and I will never stray.  I found it really difficult to drink as much water as I needed to without getting a lot of air in my stomach.  (which is really painful when your stomach doesn't stretch)  These little babies are awesome because they are straw mechanism water bottles but they dont get air in the line.  I ALWAYS drink more through a straw so its easier for me to drink for two while pregnant.

3- Secret Fit Belly Motherhood Maternity Jeans-  I don't know how I EVER survived my last two pregnancies without these jeans.  They are SUPER stretchy, so they accommodate a growing mommy, not just a growing belly.  I love the belly panel.  Its stretchy, thin and it helps support.  I cant say enough awesome things about them.  OH!  And they come in petite and talls too!!

4- Hypnobabies Birth Classes-  I have elected to go natural with this birth and I couldn't be more excited.  I opted to try Hypnobabies after suggestions from more than a couple of friends and online buddies.  I LOVE IT.  Never before have I felt so at peace, confident and excited for my birthing time!  I love the exercises you do at home, its kept me so much more relaxed and comfortable this time around.  I cant say enough good things. 

5- Online Communities of Like Minded Women- Its been really important for me to surround myself with people who feel the same way and support me in my birthing plan.  When you choose something other than the standard experience, you get looked at like you are crazy.  In fact, I couldn't tell you how many people have straight up told me that I'm nuts for going natural.  So it has been really awesome to find online communities and other blogs where you can go for some encouragement and who support your decision.

6- Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad- Are you kidding me?!  I am pretty sure that you could take just about anything and dip it in Pomegranate Vinaigrette and it would be heavenly.  I couldn't tell you which component of the salad I love the most because they are all so lovely together.  Yes, its $6, but if I am eating out anyway, I would rather get something other than burger and fries. 

7- doTERRA Essential Lavender Oil-  It is so potent and concentrated that you only need a drop to completely relax you.  I love it while meditating/self hypnosis, bath time, massage time, lunch...just kidding, but I really love it!

8- Suave Professional Volumizing Mousse- I got a coupon for a free product from Suave and this is the one that I chose.  First off, having a sensitive pregnancy nose, smell is very important.  I like this because it has a really great fresh citrus scent to it.  It does a great job adding volume and I even use it to scrunch when I am feeling lazy.  The best part?!  Its less than $3!!

9- Lane Bryant Balconette Bra- Being a plus size and chesty gal, SUPPORT is the number one priority.  It doesnt hurt when you can pick up extenders at the same time so in case you flux like I do, you can still wear your awesome bra!  Its also a sweet bonus when you can get it in a ton of cute colors and prints.  Its always nice to have a little something to help you feel a little sexy on those days when your not feeling your best. 

There are plenty more, but these are my faves.  What were or are your faves?  Share and let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this!!!!! I was all about my Target yoga pants so I’ll have to check out Old Navy too. Great suggestions!!!